Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Rinse and Spit

An odd story about mouthwash:

When thinking about any possible sundries to purchase before my return to England, I was sure I remembered having 2 opened bottles of Listerine at my flat in Finsbury Park. Why I had 2, I could not recall, but sure enough when I returned to London they were waiting for me in the bathroom.

I decided to consolidate the bottles, pouring the remains of one into the other.

The next day, my flatmate Matt wondered aloud to Brianne what could have happened to his bottle of moutwash.

That's right, I knicked his rinse believing it to be mine. We had a laugh on it, and I promised to replace his bottle.

The very next morning, the headline on the front page of the morning Metro paper read:

MOUTHWASH 'INCREASES RISK OF MOUTH CANCER'

Apparently, the alcohol content is carcinogenic. So I showed him the paper and told him "Seems I did you a favour, buddy!"

No comments: