Monday, September 1, 2008

One Year Down - Eighty To Go!



Last night Andrew and I celebrated our One Year of Marriage. My how the time crawls...(kidding, kidding!) And in our truly romantic way we had to celebrate with a night cruise through the heart of London on a boat. (And no, it was not called "The Love Boat" - although good guess.)

Upon arrival at Westminster Pier (you could hear Big Ben announcing the hour) we were served a welcoming drink and shown our table near the front of the boat. Andrew had let the company know that we were celebrating an anniversary and so we had one of the best seats. A window seat right near the dance floor. It was a four course meal and because I am still wishing that I could have had seconds I will describe it for you. The first course was shrimp with a delicious smoked salmon with lemon garnish,(so yummy) followed by potatoe and leek soup (mmmm, soup!) and then a main course of chicken followed by a dessert of our choice. I chose the chocolate cake and Andrew and the white chololate cake that tasted like whipped air with raspberries. (Of course I had to have a bit. )

We had to have a laugh on arrival due to the background music choice - pan flute of all the greatest hits. I entertained Andrew by lip-synching and occasional coming up with strange sign language to go along with the lyrics.


I was also (apparently) not paying attention to what utensils I was using as seen in this photo. Can you tell me where I went wrong?


Following dinner (after we had passed the more interesting sites) we were serenaded by a woman who had an amazingly clear voice and fun sense of humour about her 'lounge act'. She performed only songs from West End musicals but in such a way that you had to laugh along with her. I was rather impresses considering Andrew and I had made silly jokes about her coming out and playing more pan flute music.


Onto the dance floor! Woosh! I can honestly say that Andrew has not lost his stride in this department. Great music and the Italians who were on the boat with us were easily convinced to get up there. Andrew decided (okay - WE decided) to recreate one of the lifts from our first wedding dance (think folks - it's been 364 days not doing it) and pulled to off to quiet a bit of applause. Now for my favourite dance...there was one Italian gentleman who was quiet the mover, and he invited me to dance with them. He was so tall and strong that he didn't necessarily turn me so much as big me off the ground and move me. Quiet dizzying but fun. Well, Ra ra Rasputin came on while we were dancing and Andrew broke out onto the dance floor with some Kazak (am I spelling that right?) steps followed by a flying Russian jump to steal me away! I think everyone had a good laugh about it - including the staff.

Speaking of our wonderful staff for the night. I felt bad that during the dancing they could only stay out of the way towards the back and look onwards. They did however join in a bit on YMCA - and it was so cute I had to film it and put it up for them. So they can see the video I did of them - here is.

In the end Andrew and I walked past Westminster, up to Trafalger Square, caught the tube home and were snoring before we hit the pillow. An amazing anniversary - Thank you Hubby - and here's looking at the next eighty!



1 comment:

Sab and Bob said...

Hey you two, happy anniversary!!

We were reminded of the great cruise on the Thames that we had last summer on our 29th anniversary.

May your next 29 years be as happy as our last 29 have been.