Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Thoughts from the job hunt (Andrew)

We spent most of today pounding the electronic pavement, as it were, sending out our CVs to potential employers. Leaves one in a stupor, let me tell you. To refresh our tummies and senses, we tried a "local delicacy" called a Jacket Potato. Fancy name for a baked potato, I grant you, but the Brits seem to have raised it to an art form by adding unconvential toppings such as the mozzarella, bacon and avacado that we shared. Deeeeeelicious. While there we made a discovery about positive and negative attitudes. We'd met a Quebecois traveller at our hostel with a very negative attitude, very cynical. I mentioned to Brianne, "Y'know, despite your pessimism, you actually are a POSITIVE person. You GET happy, you just don't EXPECT to." She replies, "That's going in the blog." Well, there you are.

1 comment:

xfreezingxnotex said...

So, um, why does it look so flippin cold over the pond? Brrr.

I miss both my hotties, and wish you the best on your job hunt.

I'm T-minus three days to graduation ;). Whoo hoo... well, sorta. Too bad there's no teaching jobs!

Keep looking for Bowie.

P.S. Please tell me you took more photos of the Tower of London than that!