Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sore feet & a place to live...for now


Today began at a bit of a clip...I had a job interview for a temp agency which I am now apart of and hope to have work tomorrow morning, I have an interview for a catering company called At Your Service which sounds kinda of classy - on friday. The majority of the stress came from a couple of things. One - the very bad directions I recieved from a catering company that I had an interview for at the docks. I spent nearly on hour walking up and down the piers trying to find where it was moored. Finally, I went aboard the HMS Belfast and one of the lads there was able to call up the ship and ask them where they were. What had not been mentioned to me was that I needed to cross the bridge rather than stay on the same side as the tube stop
Above is the view from the bridge I had to cross. Either way I have a trial run on Saturday with the catering company - they work on a couple of ships that go up & down the Thames on private functions.
Andrew & I found a place to live (in the interim of looking for something better) with an older woman who rents rooms to a lot of SWAPPers - the smell on the 1st floor is funny, but we're on the third - it's cheaper than a hostel & we can keep looking at the same time without sharing a room with 9 other people.
(As NEWLY WED COUPLE THIS IS VERY, VERY IMPORTANT.)
I miss my littlefoot....

No comments: