Friday, February 20, 2009

Enlisting all Musical Help

Hello to everyone and yes, we have to apologise for not keeping up in the past two weeks with our blog. We were off to a really good start and now the amount of work coming up has driven me away from the internet. Please take it as a really good sign that in these times of "credit crunch" that Andrew and I are up to our eyeballs in work load. And we mean that.
The reason I am taking a minute to write to you all (especially considering it is a friday night and Andrew has a pizza cooking in the oven) is that I need some help.
My vocal teacher has asked me to be a part of his Showcase. This is a big deal for a number of reasons. One: My vocal teacher is rather big in town and for that reason I am honoured that he thinks me worthy of performing in a Showcase and Two: A Showcase is something that either big schools or professional teachers will put on and invite agents and casting directors to view their graduating class/students. Now, because my vocal teacher is so big this means that A LOT of really amazing agents and casting directors will be there. The catch: there is only enough time for me to sing two songs. Therefore they have to be really good.
Now, I am fine for the legit soprano piece, but I really, really need a pop or rock song as a lot of agents want to know that you can be versatile. (A.k.a one year you could play Mary Poppins and the next you could play in We Will Rock You or Mamma Mia! - it's all about trends...)

So, with the mass amounts of records and cd's that I know my family owns, if any of you come across one that you think would be great for me (hopefully in the next week as there are only 6 weeks until the Showcase) please let me know.
What I am looking for is something not too well known (i.e. not Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me - everyone and their mother sings that one.) but preferably a quick tempo piece. (i.e. fast) I love old jazz numbers and stuff like "Midnight at the Oasis" and "I'm all out of love".

So please, Granddad and Charlene, Gram and Grandma, Mom and Dad, Aunt Jean Marc, Judy,David, Linda, Sandy, Ray, Colleen, Bob, Elaine, Curtis, Nathan, Alayna and Nick, Emily and Andrew, Rachael and Scott, Amanda, Britt, Ben, Barb and Bill and the Willicks and ANYONE else who reads this Blog - if you have any ideas for a pop or rock song that I could sing - no matter what year it was - send me a quick note or an email - call me at 2 a.m. I don't care...just HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

yours waiting ever so patiently...Brianne

No comments: